He's gone...
He's gone... my beloved father died today, July 5th. He had family around him, so he wasn't alone in his passing.
I am blessed that I was able to say my goodbyes in April at the reunion I wrote about, and that he was able to read the words I felt about him in my blog entry. These things meant a great deal to him and to me.
I already feel that the world is an emptier place without his physical being, but with as much as he loved his life, his family, his spirit will be around us all. He was a wonderful man.
I feel such tremendous sadness right now and such an overwhelming pain. I love you dad. I am grateful you knew that.
18 Comments:
Oh, moon. I am so sorry to read this! I lost my dad on mother's day of 2000 to prostate cancer. It is such a difficult time and the void does last awhile. It is wonderful that you spent some precious time with him in April, and the he was able to share what you wrote in your blog. My heart goes out to you in your time of sorrow. Give yourself the time you need right now to experience and move through the stages of grief. My thoughts will certainly be with you. Hugs!
I hope that LCT gets back up soon. It has been hard not to be able to go there and connect with online friends. I leave early Sunday morning to go on vacation for 2 weeks, and I imagine you will be off to the funeral. I hope to hear from you again soon!
I am so so sorry!
{{{{{{{{{{{Moon}}}}}}}}}}}
Beezie -- Looking at the pictures of your dad and reading your words I could see and touch so many of the beautiful things that he made... it was bittersweet for me as I feel as if I have lost my adopted dad...I too have objects in my home that he made for my kids and have those memories of his helping me as well with school projects and always with such patience and humor... he was truly a kind and generous soul who quietly and with integrity cared for the family he so loved... you are fortunate that he so elegantly stepped in and took over for your dad, Robert -- and I am sure that Robert would agree that he couldn't have chosen a better dad for you and Roger if he had handpicked him himself. I know how sad and empty the world feels -- that there is something just not right because your dad isn't "there" anymore... your memories will sustain you and the objects he created for you will remind you that your dad loved you and respected you and was everso proud of you -- how wonderful for both of you that you were able to (recently) spend time with him and that he not only read what you wrote about him but was able to share that it had made him cry -- how nice to know that he carried a copy of your words around with him and your sister would see him re-reading it now and then... he knew that you loved him and knew that you were grateful for all he gave you in his very unique way... your dad will be missed but as you said always present in so many ways... my love and condolences to you and your mom , Roger, Amy, and Carol and their families.
Love, Janet
I am so sorry Moonie, I lost my dad in 97 and it is rough sometimes.....so glad you got to say goodbye.
Junie
I'm so sorry for your loss Moon!
{{{{{Moon}}}}}
Oh Moon, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad I checked over here today since LCT has been down. My thoughts are with you and hope you find peace and comfort in his memory.
Moon I'm sorry tor ead that you lost your Dad. My thoughts are with you. Take care of yourself.
Thank you all for your words of comfort. They mean the world to me.
Moonie,
I can only imagine how you must feel. Your love for your dad is so strong as seen in your last post and the pain must be breaking your heart. I am truly sorry to hear of your loss.
I am so glad you could express your feelings in a manner that showed him how you felt. I am sure he loved that you were able to care so much about him and tell him so.
I hope you can find that ray of sunshine he will send down in the days to come to comfort you and remember him fondly.
My prayers and condolences.
Moonie,
I am so sorry about Howard. Your loss feels immeasurable, I know. I wish you peace and comfort in the knowledge that you were each so well loved by the other, and your relationship was cemented for all time from your earliest memories of him. I too believe that we leave an pieces of ourselves across the universe in the decisions we make, the objects we touch, and the emotions we share. If that is, in fact, the case, then you and Howard have showered cosmic bursts of love, respect, honor, and joy which will forever remain a part of each life. (((Bev)))
oh, Moon, I'm so sorry. My heart dropped when I logged onto your blog today. Greatest hugs and love being sent your way. He's still with you, though, and you're lucky to have had such a wonderful relationship with him.
Lisa
(((((Moonie)))))
I love you and I miss you. I'm so very sorry, friend.
XOXO
Lady Jane
Moon, I'm so very sorry. What a great loss! You wrote such a beautiful piece about your dad, and what a blessing it is that you shared it with him and all of us. I feel privileged and honored to have gotten to "know" him through your posts. I am holding you in my heart and am so very sorry for your loss. May you move gently through your grief and know that we are with you.
Moonie, I'm so sorry for your loss. That is a wonderful picture you posted of your dad. Sending comforting thoughts your way.
Moon,
I'm so very sorry for your loss. How blessed you have been to have such a wonderful man as a father.
You gave him such a special gift before he passed...your journal entry was so touching...I'm sure it meant the world to him.
I lost my dad very suddenly when I was 24 - Memorial Day 1988. One of my regrets was not being able to say goodbye. I'm glad you were able to make that trip even though it was so difficult.
Huge hugs to you Moonie. My thoughts are with you.
Beverly, I just read about your father passing away. I'm so sorry for your loss and want to express my condolences to you and your family. I know exactly what you mean about that missing piece in the world once a loved one passes away.
Many blessings and healing energy to you.
Moonie, I'm late in reading and responding to this, but I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll have you in my thoughts... (-Jessireebob)
Moonie - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is never easy to deal with. I hope that you have managed to work your way through this difficult time mostly intact. My love and thoughts go with you as you move forward.
Cristeen
Post a Comment
<< Home